Today, K-Pop icon and global influencer Amber Liu announced plans for the North American leg of her highly anticipated “X” tour.
Amber will kick off her 2020 “X” tour with 24 shows beginning January 17 in Fresno, CA— and circling the country with concert stops in San Francisco, Atlanta, Denver, New York, Chicago, Boston, Austin, Minneapolis, Los Angeles, Detroit, Vancouver and more, before wrapping on February 22 in San Diego, CA. Meg & Dia, the American rock sister duo, will support Amber on the entire North American tour, with Justice Carradine (January 17- February 4) and Justin Park (February 5 – February 22) joining the tour during their respective dates.
AMBER LIU “X” NORTH AMERICAN TOUR DATES
DATE CITY VENUE
- Jan 17 Fresno, CA Strummer’s
- Jan 18 San Francisco, CA The Warfield
- Jan 20 Portland, OR Wonder Ballroom
- Jan 21 Seattle, WA The Showbox
- Jan 23 Vancouver, BC Vogue Theatre
- Jan 25 Salt Lake City, UT The Complex
- Jan 26 Denver, CO Gothic Theatre
- Jan 28 Minneapolis, MN Varsity Theater
- Jan 30 Milwaukee, WI The Rave II
- Jan 31 Indianapolis, IN Deluxe at Old National Centre
- Feb 1 Chicago, IL House Of Blues
- Feb 4 Boston, MA Paradise Rock Club
- Feb 5 Philadelphia, PA Theatre of The Living Arts
- Feb 7 New York, NY Terminal 5
- Feb 8 Silver Spring, MD The Fillmore Silver Spring
- Feb 9 Pittsburgh, PA Rex Theater
- Feb 11 Detroit, MI St. Andrew’s Hall
- Feb 13 Columbus, OH Newport Music Hall
- Feb 14 Atlanta, GA The Masquerade
- Feb 16 Dallas, TX South Side Music Hall
- Feb 17 Houston, TX House of Blues
- Feb 18 Austin, TX Scoot Inn Austin
- Feb 21 Los Angeles, CA The Wiltern
- Feb 22 San Diego, CA Music Box
The “X” tour follows in step with the release of Amber’s debut music video and track from the upcoming album of the same name, the electro-driven “Hands Behind My Back,” which she premiered for fans via a global stream on September 19 from her exclusive “X” album listening party in Hollywood, CA. The album will feature six new tracks, as well as an added Mandarin version of the song, “Curiosity,” each with a music video directed by and starring Amber. The song, “Hands Behind My Back,” was described by Billboard as “a captivating dance track” accompanied by “an impactful music video” and Hypebae noted, “The artist steps into a new chapter of her career” with its release.
The “X” tour follows Amber’s sold-out “Gone Rogue” 2018 US tour which elicited universal praise from fans and media alike, including Billboard which noted the “roars from the audience that, at times, would out power Liu and leave her unable to continue speaking without a bashful smile.” She also dropped a series of electro-pop leaning English singles with Steel Wool Entertainment and SM Entertainment that year, including “Countdown,” “White Noise” and “Lost At Sea” – which all featured videos she directed which have amassed millions of views.
Tickets go on sale Friday, October 4 at 10am local time.
Fan and VIP pre-sales begin Tuesday, October 1 at 1pm EDT and run through Thursday, October 3 at 10PM EDT via Future-Beat.com and AmberLiuOfficial.com. Fans can visit AmberLiuOfficial.com for complete ticketing and tour information.
A California native, Amber Liu was discovered at the age of 15 by SM Entertainment and following a move to South Korea, made her debut as a member of the record-breaking electro-pop-based K-pop female group f(x). The group quickly became one of the industry’s most popular and award-winning—including becoming the first K-pop act to perform at SXSW in 2013, with the New York Times’ Jon Pareles calling their performance “impeccable.” f(x)’s 2013 album ‘Pink Tape’ was called “one of the best Asian pop albums of all-time,” by Pitchfork and charted #1 on Billboards K-Pop Hot 100 and World Album charts. In 2015, Amber’s first solo release, “Beautiful,” debuted at #2 on Billboard’s World Albums chart. She has also made a career on television and film, hosting several variety and travel shows in South Korea, and will star in the American indie film The Eagle and the Albatross in 2020.