Jonhyun’s sister had found his body in one of the rooms. Police confirmed his death but are investigating the circumstances although they believe it was an apparent suicide.
Jonghyun was found in a room with coal briquette burning on a frying pan, filling the room with carbon monoxide.
The SHINee singer was taken to hospital by ambulance but died shortly after.
Reports suggest that he had messaged his sister “Tell everyone I’ve had a hard time”, before later finding him unconscious in a room of his apartment.